In order to efficiently accomplish the objectives of the organization, Islamic Community Outreach Services is currently structured as a sole proprietorship with a single director. The director has the authority to make all decisions on behalf of the organization. In the future, we will reevaluate the need to incorporate the organization as a non-profit with by-laws and board of directors.
In order to avoid following our own nafs (desires) and pursuing our own agendas, fiqh-based decisions will be made according to the following guidelines:
- We will follow the opinion that is the safest across all madhabs rather than the most convenient.
- If that is not possible, we will follow the majority opinion of a single madhab.
- If that is not possible, we will consult a trustworthy and knowledgeable scholar for the best course of action.
All other decisions regarding daily operations will be made according to the following guidelines:
- The director(s) will make decisions based on the suggestions and advice of the attendees through consultation.
- Decisions will be based on what will best accomplish the objectives of the organization.
- No decisions will be made on issues that do not impact the organization with respect to its mission and objectives.
Volunteering is a privilege and a responsibility. The director(s) will aim to find qualified and highly motivated individuals as needed by the organization. Volunteers may be required to fill out a volunteer information form and must be approved by the director(s). The director(s) will lay out standards for volunteers to follow and volunteers may be terminated if they do not follow these standards.
No person has the right to act on behalf of or to represent Islamic Community Outreach Services in any form without the express approval of its director(s).
The director(s) will schedule regular consultation sessions for the purpose of listening to the concerns of the attendees and will address such concerns if they are genuine and will further the goals of the organization.